Hi, I’m Nick. I’m a partner at Union Square Ventures where I invest in internet applications and infrastructure. I’m interested in technologies that unlock new collaborative, creative and economic models.
Investments I’ve led and supported at USV include:
- Tribute Labs (Series A)
- 3box Labs / Ceramic (Series A)
- Floodmapp (Seed)
- Dune (Series A)
- Nova Labs (f/k/a Helium Inc) (Series C)
- Leap (Series A)
Here are some selected older posts:
- Bitcoin as Battery (2021),
- Cryptographic Identity (2020),
- The Butter Thesis (2019),
- The Myth of the Infrastructure Phase (2018),
- Cryptonetworks and why tokens are fundamental (2018),
- just_work = true (2018),
- Cryptocurrenices: the native business model of attention (2017),
- Purpose, Mission & Strategy (2017),
- The Blockchain as verified public timestamps (2015),
- Winning on Trust (2013), Where do web standards come from? (2013),
- Why It’s Expensive to be Poor (And Why It Shouldn’t Be) (2013),
- Jane Jacobs, Inspiration, and the Internet (2012),
- Cities that work like the web (2012).
You can subscribe to new posts by email here.